The P2P Director is an appointed position on the ACYA National Executive, and is a member of ACYA’s Pillars team. The People-to-People Director is primarily responsible for the oversight and management of cultural engagement focused ACYA initiatives and partnerships.
- Facilitate ACYA chapters culture-related initiatives such as festival events;
- Manage and develop external partnerships with a cultural or history focus;
- Drive the development of cultural or general events and initiatives;
- Report to the Managing Director and attend National Executive meetings;
- Develop the skills, resources, and capabilities of Chapter P2P Executives;
- Develop and maintain the People-to-People resources listed on the ACYA website;
- Select and lead a team of Careers Officers to support the portfolio; and
- Represent ACYA in public forums, when required;
- Time commitment of ~10-15 hours/week;
- Experience managing stakeholder relations and partnerships;
- Ability to work well managing small teams and long-term projects;
- (Optional but preferred) Experience contributing to cultural programs; and
- (Optional but preferred) Experience managing across cultures, particularly with respect to the Australia-China relationship.