The National Treasurer is an Elected Position on the ACYA National Executive, and is a member of ACYA's Executive Committee primarily responsible for conducting all of the National Executive's financial activities.
The objective of the National Treasurer is to ensure ethical and sustainable financial stewardship of ACYA.
- Develop, streamline & establish financial processes and policy as required for the full scope of ACYA's operations
- Publish internal financial reports, budgets and forecasts
- Prepare and lodge required financial statements to the Australian Tax Office
- Publish ACYA's End of Year Financial Report in July, and Midyear Financial Report for the 2021 AGM
- Review & approve Treasury expenditures with the National President & Managing Director
- Review the financial elements of Sponsoring-Partner Agreements, Projects and Funding Applications
- Chair regular Finance Meetings with ACYA Chapter Treasurers (Australia & China)
- Develop the financial skills of Chapter Treasurers (Australia & China)
- Manage ACYA's bank account and submit annual tax returns
- Represent ACYA in public forums, when required
- Role Requirements: (time commitment, skills, qualities of a successful candidate, etc.)
- Time commitment of ~10 hours/week
- Demonstrated experience in managing an organisation's finances and accounts
- (Optional but preferred) Demonstrated experience establishing new revenue sources for a project and/or organisation