The National Secretary is an Elected Position on the ACYA National Executive, and is a member of ACYA's Executive Committee. The Secretary is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Committee.
The objective of the role is to provide administrative support to the National President and Executive Committee.
- Review, develop, and implement a sustainable governance mechanism for ACYA
- Ensure that up-to-date administration records are completed
- Maintain and issue Minutes of Meetings to the Executive Committee
- Provide a copy of the ACYA Constitution to the Executive/members upon request and conduct updates on the Constitution when required
- Research and implement ACYA's legal status in Australia and China
- Conduct legal research for ACYA activities when required in collaboration with the executive officers
- Represent ACYA in public forums, as and when required
- Act on the delegated authority of the National President/Managing Director, when required
- Conduct the Annual General Meeting of ACYA
- Time commitment of ~10-15 hours/week
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse teams
- Demonstrated administrative experience and skill with associated tools (for e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Google Docs)
- (Preferred) Experience conducting legal research