The Media Director is an Appointed Position on the ACYA National Executive and is a member of ACYA's Executive Directors primarily responsible for the execution of ACYA's strategies and policies as it pertains to social media and visual design.
The objective of the role is to oversee active, innovative and efficient use of ACYA's social media and visual design resources to support the execution of organisational strategies and policies.
- Oversee media operations in English and Chinese (social media, media releases)
- Develop the capabilities and resources of ACYA's social media and design teams
- Develop existing and new Media centric partnerships for ACYA
- Act as the primary communication point between Media and the rest of ACYA
- Report to the Portfolio Manager each month and attend monthly team meetings
- Represent ACYA in public forums, when required
- Develop the capabilities and resources of Chapter Media & Communications Executives
- Management and leadership of a team of officers
- Time commitment of ~10-15 hours/week
- Demonstrated business and project management ability (team-based, or team leadership experiences preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in media and/or visual design (Digital Media experiences preferred)
- (Optional but preferred) Experience managing across cultures, particularly with respect to the Australia-China relationship
- Demonstrated understanding of social media engagement and how to foster online communities.
- 1 year