The Managing Director is an Elected Position on the ACYA National Executive and is the leader of the National Executive Committee. They are primarily responsible for the execution of organisational strategies and policies, as well as overseeing the management of the organisation.
The objective of the Managing Director's role is to execute ACYA's strategies and policies, through the leadership of the National Executive Committee.
- Establish Executive priorities and targets in line with organisational strategy and policy with the Executive Committee;
- Provide management feedback to the National President;
- Oversee the full scope of ACYA's transnational activities with the National President;
- Oversee the ethical governance of ACYA;
- Call regular Executive Committee meetings and table the initial Meeting Agenda;
- Review & approve Treasury expenditures with the National President, Treasurer and Secretary;
- Review & approve Minutes of Meetings with the National President & National Secretary; and
- Directly oversee the priority engagement portfolios, including Business Development and Alumni Engagement.
- Represent ACYA in public forums, as and when required; and
- Act on the delegated authority of the National President when required.
- Time commitment of ~15 hours/week
- Experience setting and leading teams in meeting performance targets
- Demonstrated ability to execute on challenging ideas, strategies and/or plans
- Demonstrated track record of executive achievement in ACYA