The Education Director is an appointed position on the ACYA National Executive, and is a member ACYA's Executive Directors. The Education Director is primarily responsible for the oversight and management of all education-focused ACYA partnerships and operations.
The objective of the Education Director is to oversee and manage ACYA's education-focused partnerships and associated operations, in line with organisational strategies and policies.
- Research and propose new partnership, growth or partnered project opportunities with an education/scholarship focus
- Act as custodian to, maintain and update the Education resources listed on the ACYA website
- Maintain and develop existing education/exclusive scholarship focused partnerships and projects including the New Colombo Plan pastoral care program, our various scholarships, volunteer programs and relationships
- Report to the Portfolio Manager each month and attend monthly team meetings
- Organise and facilitate educational workshops, classes, and activities
- Develop the skills, resources, and capabilities of Chapter Careers Executives
- Represent ACYA in public forums, when required
- Time commitment of ~10-15 hours/week
- Demonstrated experience developing organisational partnerships
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholder relations and partnerships
- (Optional but preferred) Experience managing across cultures, particularly with respect to the Australia-China relationship