The China Manager is an Elected Position on the ACYA National Executive primarily responsible for strategy execution and management oversight of ACYA's China-based operations.
The objective of the China Manager is to oversee the effective management of ACYA's Australia Chapters and operations, in line with organisational strategies and policies.
- Oversee China Chapter operations in line with organisational strategies and policies;
- Chair monthly China Chapter Presidents meetings, and feedback to the National Executive;
- Develop the capabilities, skillsets, and resources of China Chapters;
- Coordinate the delivery of China-based ACYA events and projects e.g. ACELS, ACYA Delegation to FASIC, ad-hoc projects as funded by partners;
- Act as the primary communication point between China Chapters and the rest of ACYA;
- Act as the primary liaison between ACYA and China-based partners e.g. Australian Embassy, Austcham, Australia China Alumni Association;
- Seek opportunities to consolidation existing chapters and launch new chapters; and
- Assist chapters in handover processes.
- Represent ACYA in public forums, when required; and
- Develop existing and new China-based institutional partnerships for ACYA.
- Time commitment of ~15 hours/week
- Demonstrated business and project management ability
- Experience on the leadership committee of an ACYA chapter
- Experience managing across cultures, particularly with respect to the Australia-China relationship