The Australia General Manager is an elected position on the ACYA National Executive primarily responsible for strategy execution and management oversight of ACYA's Australia-based operations.
The objective of the Australia General Manager is to oversee the effective management of ACYA's Australia Chapters and operations, in line with organisational strategies and policies.
- Oversee Australia Chapter operations in line with organisational strategies and policies;
- Chair regular meetings with Australia Chapter Presidents and feedback to the National Executive;
- Develop the capabilities, skill-sets and resources of Australia Chapters by providing execution and operational feedback;
- Coordinate the delivery of Australia-based ACYA events and projects such as the largest being the Australia China Emerging Leaders Summit (ACELS);
- Act as the primary liaison between Australia Chapters and the wider ACYA Network as well as external stakeholders; and
- Assist Chapters in handover processes.
- Represent ACYA in public forums, when required; and
- Foster existing and new Australia-based institutional partnerships for ACYA.
- Time commitment of ~15 hours/week
- Approachable and able to provide constructive feedback
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple initiatives and individuals
- Permanently based in Australia for the duration of the role
- Demonstrated business and project management abilities
- Experience on the leadership committee of an ACYA Chapter
- (Optional but preferred) Experience managing across cultures, particularly with respect to the Australia-China relationship