Australia China Business Council Internship
The Australia China Business Council (ACBC) New South Wales Branch is seeking several dynamic interns. As an opportunity to be done in a hybrid manner, primarily online but with in-person event management responsibilities at Sydney CBD venues, the internships are unpaid and will require two days per week over 14 weeks commencing mid-May 2022. Applicants must be based in Sydney.
Established 46 years ago, the ACBC is the peak body representing the Australia-China business community and are a trusted and authoritative voice on matters relating to Australia-China business.
It is a membership-based, non-profit, NGO with a federal structure, characterised by a leading National Branch with representative offices across all States and Territories of Australia, working extensively with all levels of both the Australian and Chinese Government, and have deep relationships with leaders across business and industry.
As ACBC is the premier business organisation in Australia dedicated to promoting and developing two-way trade, investment and economic cooperation with China; this ACBC internship is a great opportunity to be involved with Australia’s leading member-based business organisation to promote two-way trade between Australia and China.
The NSW branch of ACBC delivers insights, networking opportunities, and other benefits to its member companies, primarily through a program of events, workshops, and roundtable discussions surrounding topical issues for Australia-China businesses.
Should you be interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Mackenzie Lang, ACYA’s National Careers Director, at email@example.com before Midday on Friday, the 28th of April.
• Location: Hybrid – Online, with in-person event management opportunities at venues in the Sydney CBD
• Attendance: Two days per week
• Hours: 9:30am – 5:30pm
• Remuneration: none. However, transport home after any after-hour ACBC events will be covered.
Role and Responsibilities
• Drafting communications for web and print
• Supporting corporate partnership development and other stakeholder outreach campaigns
• Assisting with research and development of marketing and informational materials and design of collateral (print, e-communications, proposals, PowerPoint)
• Brainstorming, planning, curating and implementing events and other initiatives
• Participating in internal staff and external meetings as required, via Zoom
• Handover training to new interns at the end of the internship
• As an organisation, ACBC holds many interesting and dynamic events. You are not expected to attend these events, however these will provide professional development and networking opportunities with experts in the field.
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading
• Research skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker
• Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
• An ability to deliver to tight deadlines
• An ability to multitask, prioritise and work efficiently
• Demonstrated interest in China and the Australia-China relationship
• Chinese language skills (regarded favourably)
• Editorial or marketing experience would be regarded highly favourably
Benefits to you
• Strengthen research, stakeholder communication, and report-writing skills
• Experience engaging senior representatives from a range of industries and sectors
• Free access to industry events and insights available within the ACBC Insights Centre
• A close understanding of the ACBC and its work and a deeper understanding of the Australia-China relationship from a business perspective
• Build and develop your personal and professional network
• Obtain experience in using digital marketing tools such as Eventbrite, Canva, Mailchimp and Salesforce.