The National President is an Elected Position on the ACYA National Executive Committee (the Committee). The President acts as the official ACYA Chairperson. The National President oversees ACYA's Executive Management Committee, providing strategic guidance and input to the Committee's strategies, policies and projects.
The objective of the National President's role is to drive sustained, valuable growth of organisational activities and the internal development of its capabilities.
- Chair Committee meetings where organisational-wide concerns, strategies, and/or policies to be implemented require direct input;
- Work with the Managing Director to ensure the smooth performance of ACYA's portfolio and chapter operations;
- Oversee the ethical governance of ACYA;
- Represent ACYA in public forums, as and when required;
- Develop existing and new institutional partnerships for ACYA;
- Review and approve Treasury expenditures with the Managing Director, Treasurer & National Secretary;
- Review meeting minutes with the Managing Director & National Secretary;
- Chair the ACYA Annual General Meeting; and
- Establish and manage the ACYA Board of Advisors.
Review and approve the annual National Sponsorship Prospectus; and
Review and approve Partnership Agreements, Funding Applications, and Project Plans.
- Time commitment of ~10 hours/week;
- Deep experiential understanding of ACYA's various portfolios, chapter operations, membership network and partnerships; and
- Demonstrated organisational leadership, preferably with a track record in one of the following areas: driving organisational growth, restructuring and/or project management.