The 12th iteration of the Australia-China Emerging Leaders Summit (ACELS) is currently taking delegate applications.
As the premier youth dialogue on Australia and Chinaâ€™s bilateral relations, ACELS 12 will be held during 29th and 31st January 2021 (inclusive), bringing together a group of passionate delegates to engage in cross cultural exchange and dialogue.
Fill out and submit an application before 11:59pm (CST), Friday 18th December.
Following the success of ACELS 11, the first online Summit, ACELS 12 will once again take place online, and will also feature select delegates, participating from iconic locations throughout China. This unique experience will provide opportunities for delegates to engage in meaningful cross-culture dialogue, exploring the importance of maintaining regional ties and sister city relations.
The Summit will be held in English, and whilst previous Chinese language experience is helpful, it is not a requirement for attendance.
Who is eligible to apply?
Anyone who is:
- Between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive);
- Available between 29th – 31st January 2021;
- Able to access the internet and a computer with a webcam and microphone for the entire duration of ACELS;
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in the relationship between Australia and China, whether it be culturally, professional or both.
Please note previous involvement with ACYA is not a prerequisite to attend ACELS 12.
How to apply
To attend ACELS 12, delegates must successfully complete the following steps:
- Fill out and submit an application form before **11:59pm CST, Friday 18th December, 2020 **
- If accepted, please send an email confirming your spot and pay your Delegates Fee ($30); and
- Closer to the date of the Summit, delegates will need to provide further details so we can make sure your experience is as smooth as possible.
Are there scholarships available?
Yes, there are a few equity scholarships available to attend ACELS 12. If you wish to apply for a scholarship, please send an email to the Delegates Director, Courtney Hill, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with:
- A paragraph (no more than 200 words) detailing why you would like to apply for the equity scholarship and outlining your current disadvantage/hardship; and
- Any relevant supporting documentation.